Now hear this: Ravenstahl needs your spin
Polish those resumes, flaks of Pittsburgh! Mayor Luke Ravenstahl needs a Press Secretary. The gig pays $71,749 per year. It’s non-union — if you can explain that to the Locals, then you might just be the person for the job! The position calls for:
Considerable knowledge of:
· City policies and procedures.
· General management.
· City and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures, including personnel and labor relations.
And the ability to:
· Identify problems and develop, propose and implement approved solutions.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Comprehend data and technical information.
· Maintain records.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, associates, outside agencies and the general public.
The bar is not high, people. Maintain records? Can you file? Can you keep a phone log? Can you, most importantly, be the person who holds the public line for the boy wonder?